DART has developed a process to enable groups to collect signatures of objectors efficiently and accurately. We encourage citizen groups to go out to places where there are a lot of people like shopping malls, big events, dinner functions, etc. to conduct DART Mini-Roadshows.
The DART Mini-Roadshow has the following objectives….
- To collect the signatures of the 100+ objectors in each constituency.
- To educate the public as to the process and impact of malapportionment and gerrymandering.
- To recruit more volunteers.
Steps to take to have a successful DART Mini-Roadshow…
- Put a team of volunteers together and decide when and where you want to hold the event.
- Write to the identified venue owners requesting for a complimentary promotional space. (A sample letter is enclosed in the DART Mini-Roadshow Kit)
- Prepare all the necessary display maps of current election boundaries for your constituency, for your region or your state. (Samples enclosed)
- Ensure that you have laptops ready.
On the day of the event…
- If you are holding the mini-roadshow at a shopping mall, they may require you to follow their opening hours, which could be from 10am to 10pm. We suggest that you have three shifts so as not to wear out your volunteers.
- Go half an hour early to the location to setup at the allotted space.
- Assign some volunteers to be canvassers, that is, to explain to people what we are doing and why we are holding this programme.
- Assign some volunteers to operate the laptops. Before someone signs the Borang Bantahan (BB), please make sure they are registered voters and signing the correct BB for their constituency. Sign two BB, one for their Parliament constituency (PAR) and one for the State constituency (DUN).
- If you have someone from outstation who wants to sign-up as an objector, use the Surat Bantahan (Individu), again sign two copies, one for PAR and one for DUN.
- You would also need to assign some volunteers to explain the issues on the maps.
In the DART Mini-Roadshow Kit, you will have…
- Sample application letter for space (shopping mall).
- Sample constituency maps.
- Photos of how maps are displayed and issues highlighted.
- Sample – Infosheet_Bilangan Pemilih Parlimen Johor.
- Sample – Infosheet_Bilangan Pemilih DUN Johor.
- Chart – Proses Persempadanan Kawasan.
- Chart – Infographic_Violation of OPOVOV.
- Document – Infosheet_Prinsip2 untuk persempadanan.
- Document – Briefing to Volunteers.
- Document – DART_Volunteer Attendance Sheet.
- Document – DART Clipboard Poster.
- Document – 13th Schedule of Federal Constitution.
- Document – Jadual 13 Perlembagaan Persekutuan.
- Document – Borang Bantahan.
- Document – Blank Surat Bantahan (Individu) for manual registration.
Link to download the DART Mini-Roadshow Kit –
[Please contact us for the latest version]